Territorial Congress Information
Canada and Bermuda
June 19 – 22, 2014
We are pleased to provide the following information regarding Territorial Congress 2014.
- The five public Congress events will be live streamed through Salvationist.ca and via a link on this site. It will be “active” by the end of the day on Wednesday, June 18
Welcome Meeting (Friday, June 20th at 7:00 p.m.)
Ordination & Commissioning Service (Saturday, June 21st at 3:00 p.m.)
‘Mission Matters Most’ Celebration (Saturday, June 21st at 7:30 p.m.)
Holiness Meeting (Sunday, June 22nd at 10:00 a.m.)
Appointment & ‘Sending Out’ Service (Sunday, June 22nd at 2:30 p.m.)
- Congress “1” Lanyards: All attendees will wear lanyards containing the Congress ‘1” brand. These will be included in the Congress registration kits.
- It is important to note that shuttle service will be provided only for those who have indicated their intention to use this service through registration.
- A list of restaurants in the area of the Congress Venues has also been posted to the Congress Website.
- Reliance solely upon hotel dining at The Delta Meadowvale Hotel is not recommended.
- The Hershey Centre parking area is very large and is available to vehicles that carry up to 15 passengers.
- The Delta Meadowvale Hotel will require parking passes that will be included in the Registration Kit. Delegates who are staying at The Delta or visiting for Saturday a.m. events will need to clearly display the parking pass in the window of their vehicles.
- Supplies & Purchasing has produced and will be the sole distributor of a special Territorial Congress Pin as well as Divisional pins and prayer cards. These are very affordable and attractive and an excellent collectors’ item.
- Translation Services will be offered in French, Spanish, Korean and Laotian.
Tell the General:
- This is an extension of the online “Tell the General” feature that has been a part of General Coxs’ leadership focus. Encourage your young people to attend and to give thought to questions they would like to ask The General.
- Led by OGL Division with Commissioner Silvia Cox as the speaker
- The website indicates the capacity for each workshop and the numbers registered to date. Some of the workshops are already at full capacity.
- On Sunday Morning, 9:00 – 9:30 a.m. Major June Newbury will guide a period of prayer preceding the Holiness Meeting. Please join us in prayer to seek the Lord’s blessing upon His worshipping people.